Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Girl, Interrupted (Blog #3)

In One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, the ward is made up of male patients. In our new book, Girl, Interrupted, our mental ward will be all female. First, tell me your first impression and the differences in narration after reading the opening chapters. What is different between their tones, mood, and overall attitude toward the mental institution? In addition, what similarities do we see between the idea of sane vs. insane. Who do you believe this far, is more sane, Chief or Susanna?

1 comment:

  1. My first impression of the book is that I like it. I especially prefer the female institution because it is easier for me to relate to. Also the book itself just feels more modern to me. The tone, mood, and attitude is more positive I feel. The firs( eel most of them) are more calm and relaxed about where they are. I don't really see many similarities right now but I'm sure they are coming. I feel Susanna is more sane.

    ReplyDelete